Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2000 Jeep Saharra not long ago. I went outside to crank the hot air on before work but it wouldn't go. It was turning over and when I put my foot on the gas it seemed like it was on until I took my foot of the gas and it shut off. Anyone know what could be.wrong?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
So the engine runs ok when your foot is stepping down a little on the accelerator pedal but dies if you take your foot off the gas? If so, odds are very good your IAC (idle air controller) is simply dirty. The IAC is what provides all of your engine's air at idle and when it gets dirty and sticks, the engine won't run unless you step on the gas pedal a little.

It takes nothing more than an aerosol can of throttle body cleaner to take care of it. I have to go to work right now but if you do a search in this forum for 'cleaning the IAC' you'll find a lot of threads on how to do it. In fact, do an Advanced Search with my name as the poster and search for 'cleaning the IAC' and you'll find many descriptions of how to do it.

Or someone else can follow up here on how to do it which is a simple procedure. :)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
No need to actually remove the throttle body to clean the IAC. To do a more thorough cleaning of the IAC, it is only held onto the throttle body by two small T-25 torx screws. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts