Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have opportunity to even trade a fully loaded 2000 explorer eddie bauer for a 92 wrangler 4cyl 5 spd has cherokee tires and wheels front and rear tube bumpers recently rebuilt engine and trans . Iam aware of looking for frame and body rust .Top recently replced also.
They look like fun will be driving back and forth to work about 10 miles both way once in awhile go out for cruise or offroad . Gonna be hard giving up explorer its real clean but its value drops faster than a jeep .
Getting a lot of feedback telling me wrong combo to have in jeep . Terrible gas mileage ,no air stickshift .And engine will be winding out the RPMs on interstate . How bad is it od should I forget trade and look for another jeep
Paul

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
The mighty four banger runs better at 2-3K rpm on the highway and doing that takes a little getting used to. It is worthy of a little highway driving just have to remember it is a JEEP not a Mustang. If it is still stock it has 4:10 gears front and back. With stock size tires real good on the road. 33s not so much.

15 mpg tuned up stock some get better. That Jeep has 2/40 air 2 windows down at 40 mph how much more air do you need. Take the top off in the summer.

It is truly up to you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If ya get it make sure to add this sticker so people are aware of the pure power! I love my 95 5 speed 2.5. I've have it almost 2 weeks. It's pure joy!

image-633219953.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts