Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 Sahara Wrangler yesterday.
They are pressuring me into rust proofing, and extended warrenty.
Opinions pls... I have to let them know tomorrow, before I pick up on Tuesday.
Thanks Anne

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
NO. If they are pressuring you, it's because they stand to make quite a bit of $ from it.... Rustproofing is pretty much worthless, I believe, and if you want an extended warranty, buy it through your lender, not the dealer. Dealers make a pile of money on those things...

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new Jeep! :wavey:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rustproofing a Jeep? Car dealers use that scam to take your hard earned money. You should know that some "rust proofing" actually causes more rust than it "prevents". I have never had a rust problem after having owned 2 jeeps for more than 6 years. Just wash them off, clear the drain holes in the doors and you will have no problems.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
The rust proofing is a just. The extended warranty is only worth doing if it's a Chrysler warranty, and even then, MAYBE. What term/mileage, and what price for the warranty? Mark W.

·
Registered
167 Posts
READ the warranty at home before you go ahead with it. Many people advise against them. Reading at the dealer you will be rushed and feel pressured. My mechanic told me never get them unless they are 55% less than cost of a tranny rebuild....even then you are basically giving them money for something you will never use.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
READ the warranty at home before you go ahead with it. Many people advise against them. Reading at the dealer you will be rushed and feel pressured. My mechanic told me never get them unless they are 55% less than cost of a tranny rebuild....even then you are basically giving them money for something you will never use.
Some warranties you recoup your money if you don't use them, or you recoup a portion if you do use some... Mercury for one.. I've purchased 2 from them...good product if you feel the need for an aftermarket warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts