Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 wrangler and was wondering if I can do anything to my jeep to help out with gas? Like exhaust, headers and intake I'm trying to see if it's worth upgrading or not. Cause I drove bout 100 miles and I'm on a half tank. It don't seem right to me cause I get like 200 miles on a full tank. Please help me out with this one or am I just screwed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an 09 wrangler and was wondering if I can do anything to my jeep to help out with gas? Like exhaust, headers and intake I'm trying to see if it's worth upgrading or not. Cause I drove bout 100 miles and I'm on a half tank. It don't seem right to me cause I get like 200 miles on a full tank. Please help me out with this one or am I just screwed.

What have you done to it? Like tires or lift which would affect your gas mileage? If you changed tire size did you reprogram anything for that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lift and bigger tires eat your gas mileage. I think new gears is the way to go if you do a lot of highway driving...from what I understand. I get about 8-10/gallon in my TJ with 4" lift and 33s. I've thought about new gears, but this isn't my daily driver, so probably not worth the expense for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
@irongate reprogram what ?
You can get a Procal or a Superchip to program for your tire size, so everything again matches up in your speedometer. This then will you you a correct reading on everything. Do a search and it will explain it a lot better. Well with the money and if you ever change gears you will need one or if you go up to a 35".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts