Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm new with all this. i just got my jeep like a month and a half ago and I've been dying to put a lift in it. but which one? alot of my friends have rough country? help :)

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
There's no way to answer your question. There are many good lift kits by many good manufacturers, and the right one for you depends on your tastes, budget, and plans for your Jeep. And even then, you'll likely have to choose between relative equals.

Start by reviewing this thread (linked by ESP123 above). I'd go from the last page toward the first, so as to see the newest lift installations.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a great 4" lift from the wonderful collective entity called "Hodge Podge":

It includes parts from ProComp, Synergy, JE Reel, and Teraflex.

Maybe not the ideal, cost-saving solution, but it works for me.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
for what it's worth, teraflex customer service is apparently top notch from what I've read lately.
yep, so does BDS. and when you're spending that kind of coin, it's nice to deal with a good company that's going to be there when you have questions... or god forbid... if something fails.

Do your own research. Don't just follow the herd.
best advice anyone can give you... besides, you're going to change you mind about 29 times after you think you know what you want anyways...

-bob

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
so I'm new with all this. i just got my jeep like a month and a half ago and I've been dying to put a lift in it. but which one? alot of my friends have rough country? help :)
Stay away from Rough Country. They are cheap and it shows. What size tires are you planning on running? What kind of wheeling do you do? For entry level, to tackle most terrain, I would suggest the Rock Krawler Stock mod 2.5" lift, a budget boost or the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift.

Rock Krawler Catalog
Teraflex 1251000 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
Teraflex 1355210 - TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost & Shock Adapters for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

-Dan

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
With all your vast Jeep experience do you really feel the need to raise the center of gravity and lower the stability? Most of the people that ask that question have no business lifting a Jeep,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've had really good experinces with Old Man Emu suspesion.
JK is my 4th rig in 10 years I've run OME in and no complaints.

ARB USA's customer service is top notch as well.

OME philosophy is minumum lift, maximum articulation.

This is thier standard 2" lift on mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts