Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a paper today and met another jk owner. he had an07 jku and he is obsessed with putting a hemi in it. if i was going to swap in a v8, i would want the 4.7. why does no one ever consider this engine.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Whats to consider for applications on a jeep?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Unless you want to as a HOBBY !

Can you give a reason for outlaying over $20K for-???

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
I imagine it's like any other past time/hobby/obsession.

Somewhere there's gonna be a motorhead with the hardware who will do it just to see.

Personally I'd buy me a BIG ol' bag o' popcorn to read THAT writeup, even though I would never do such a thing myself. It seems interesting from a technical integration standpoint.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: maybe so. 40 years ago I had a lotta fun with Dodge 426 Cuin "hemis", for racing-

Now it's 2012 unless you're gonna race--whats the point--?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
... if i was going to swap in a v8, i would want the 4.7. why does no one ever consider this engine.
Cause there's already a kit to install the 5.7 Hemi that takes care of all the busy variables.

The question should be why we don't have engine options for the JK. I would've gotten the diesel and would still have my Jeep rather than having traded it for a Power Wagon and its 410 foot pounds of delicious torque...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:whistling: Unless you want to as a HOBBY !

Can you give a reason for outlaying over $20K for-???

uh....no, for me the 3.8 and 3.6 are fine. seems a lot of the younger guys need more engine. in your last post were you referring to the 440 hemi with the six pack, oops, giving away our ages. lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quadratec is giving away a JK with a 5.7 hemi in it, try to win that one.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Nope, I had several; of those to in Challengers, but

uh....no, for me the 3.8 and 3.6 are fine. seems a lot of the younger guys need more engine. in your last post were you referring to the 440 hemi with the six pack, oops, giving away our ages. lol
Even though the 440 RB block was used in both the 426cuin "HEMI", as the 440 sixpack, it didn't have the Hemispherical combustion chambers (special heads), that they used in the 426 !

I also had two 440 RAMCHARGERS with 440 sixpacks 1974/1976,(self installed)-

Nothing wrong with being old as long as you're ambulatory !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m ½ into a six-pack now, but the caps are flat? Good catch Jimbox, I read that post and didn’t even notice. Back in the day the 440 wasn’t a Hemi, but today you can get 440 Hemi crate engines.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I entered to win that... :dance:
X2 :D

I wouldn't invest the amount of money it costs to put a Hemi in my JK, but there's something about the power and sound that come from having a V8 in a 4x4 that just feels perfect. I was hoping Jeep would have warmed up to this by the 2012's but I guess not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts