Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been considering doing your interior with rhinoliner ($500-600 professionally done) or Herculiner ($70 DIY) it is money well spent. 4 hours and less than a hundred bucks could leave you with a durable and easy to maintain interior. And when they say to wear gloves in bold print on the directions I suggest you do so. the pic is after 10 or so rounds with hand pumice. (Sharpie + Epoxy = H.L.)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Looks awsome.

....the Jeep

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skin - 5 minutes. Metal... I'll know in the morning. Box says ready for light duty in 10-12 hours. I laid it down thick to get a good and rough coat so maybe longer. Either way its a full day project. Looks great though. Cant wait to put the sucker back together in the morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roll on. Coverage wasn't a problem. I put down 2 thick coats and still have leftovers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
is it a big process to get the carpets & seats / etc out of the Jeep? would you put he carpets back in it after and use the herculiner as a prpotective coating or does it take the place of the carpet?

·
that's what she said
16,476 Posts
is it a big process to get the carpets & seats / etc out of the Jeep? would you put he carpets back in it after and use the herculiner as a prpotective coating or does it take the place of the carpet?
not a big process at all. in a TJ, the carpets come right out, there are just a few places where it is snapped into the tub, and the seats unbolt using (as always) torx bit. i think there were a total of 8 bolts to remove. just be careful if you decide to unbolt the seat bolts. if you leaf them hanging they lock up and are a PITA to get un-locked.

you can use it as a protective coating under the carpet, or use it to take the place of the carpet. my carpets were totally gross, so i ripped them out and chucked them.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have a tan soft top, so the black will look weird i feel so i will prob put the carpets back in once i gice them a good cleaning, but i like the idea of the coating. might have to think about doing this once its nice out. its 8 degrees before wind chill today, so it could be a while.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Bugs...the answer to your riddle is:

The mattress....her above.

He can spectate all he likes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.