Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this summer I plan to Herculine the tub of my TJ. I have seen in the past, though I cannot find any pictures now, where people have Herculined the grill. I remember thinking this looks completely bad a**:punk: and am toying with the idea of doing this also. If any of you have done this to your TJ and have pic's, tips or any imput please feel free to post.:wavey:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'd treat it just like the tub. Mega good prep work and take your time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure, if I do end up doing it I will take my time and do it right. I was really hoping that someone would have a pic or was able to find one of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did mine along with pretty much the whole jeep...

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
very random statement but MrRPM, i couldnt help but notice your jeep profile says your jeep is a 2011..hmm.. lol and yes the bedlined grills look awesome ;]

·
Registered
784 Posts
very random statement but MrRPM, i couldnt help but notice your jeep profile says your jeep is a 2011..hmm.. lol and yes the bedlined grills look awesome ;]
hahaha I was just doing that today and must of missed that. its a 2001
ill finish it now, thanks for the reminder haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
My tube fenders and armor are the smittybilt XRC and the powdercoating is utter crap. Everything has started to rust. I am going to take it all off and sand blast it and have been tossing around the idea of the bed liner. Nickeagle, your Jeep looks pretty good, but my only concern is the fading. I guess I can always re-primer it. How long has your body been bed-lined and how is it holding up?

·
Registered
168 Posts
my fenders sliders and corner gaurds are smittybuilt and the powder coating was shit. So far the herculiner is holding up grate

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it nickeagle, it looks good. How long ago did you do it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i did it this summer. it took one of the smaller cans to do all of it. i did my dash bezel and the center of my hood

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i did it this summer. it took one of the smaller cans to do all of it. i did my dash bezel and the center of my hood
The part where the hood sits against the windshield? If so ive been also thinking of doing that spot also.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
biggest thing is prep. make sure you sand everything down real good and do a few coats. do not be in a hurry

·
Registered
168 Posts
jnich how do you like those tires? I have been eyeing them ever since they came out. Do they run big or small size wise?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Awe! There is that beast again! :D I love that thang!

Newbs...he has a great thread from when he did all that....

I am thinking of the grill thing too in the summer when I do the inside of the tub.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awe! There is that beast again! :D I love that thang!

Newbs...he has a great thread from when he did all that....

I am thinking of the grill thing too in the summer when I do the inside of the tub.
hahaha she is about to go under the knife again. Time to do a tummy tuck and boat sides

1 - 20 of 34 Posts