Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to take the family hiking this morning. Went to turn on the A/C while I waited for everyone to jump in. Got nothing. Turned all the dials (Temp, fan speed, etc) Nothing. No A/C, No fan, squat. Worked fine up until today. Looking at the fuse box and trying to see if I can find the problem there as I type. Anyone run into same problem?

·
Registered
193 Posts
More info on your Jeep might help your responses. Auto or manual climate control? Year, etc...
Jscan has support for the climate control module. Maybe start there.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Are there any lights on the HVAC module? For example does the AC light come on? Do any of the lights blink?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2016 Rubicon. Manual climate control. Nothing happens when I mess with the dials. No air comes out. May be the blower?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No lights come on at all, that is why I thought may be a fuse. Checked under the hood and everything looks normal. I just turn all the knobs and nothing lights up or blows any air

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I am with you thinking its power. If it was low freon the fan would still work and the module will have lights. Looking at a wiring diagram, I'd check the following:

1) Fuse M34. This should have power when the key is in run.
2) Fuse J13. This fuse powers up the full time battery to the HVAC module.
3) Fuse M11. This fuse gets power from fuse J13 and passes full time power to the HVAC module.

Those are the easy checks. After that I would hook up a scan tool and try communicating with the HVAC module. I'd actually try this from the start but that depends on what tooling you have. After that I'd pull the module, and start seeing what I have at the connector. Power, grounds and CAN lines. The ground for the module would also be something to look. It's G916A. Not sure where that connects.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the great info. I didnt have time to look at today as I was doing family stuff all day. I will check all that tomorrow.

I have not had any work done on the Jeep recently. And Im pretty certain I pulled J13 and M11 out but things looked normal. I will check the other one as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts