Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL

If you are a parts hound like I am you are always looking for parts.

A 97 TJ SE just came up on my local ST LOUIS craigslist. Its not mine but when something like this comes up, I know my blood pressure spikes in anticipation of finding what I need.

Like I said, no affiliation with the owner, don't know if they will ship even... but wanted to pass it on to those of you searching for that ONE part. sounds like it was daily driven before a run in with a ditch.

oh yea...dibs on the hood and tub :flipoff: (if they email me back)

Parting out 97 Wrangler TJ

One last time... I don't know the owners, cant speak for them in any way, and not even sure if they'd be pissed that i put it out there like this, but let the vultures circle.

I would be willing to help out fellow WF members if they strike a deal with the owner and cant get them to ship. I.E. Seller un-willing to ship, you need real eyes on the part to ensure it correct, seller want part gone but you cant travel for a few weeks ect. this would be a case by case issue handled at the time (OMG what kinda bag of worms did I just open:crazy::eek:)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I emailed him about the uppers. If he doesnt answer me, Ill call him tomorrow.

If he wont ship and youll help thatd be amazing.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i don't mind helping out, some times people can be sticklers on shipping... I've shipped so much stuff, its not really that hard.

I guess I better put this out there right off the bat though, (directed to everyone, not just you SRAD600) I'll help when it involves picking up the part from the person, after its been paid for, and getting it boxed up, and getting it to UPS or the post office where I'll get a quote for the shipping cost and you pay for the shipping. I don't want to handle anyone's money in anyway, and I cant be spending my money on shipping supplies, granted I have some boxes and tape ect for some stuff.

I just don't want someone to miss out on something they need over a seller being stubborn about shipping. And if you want to throw a buck my way for my trouble, the Jeep fund jar is always smaller than I would like! Please understand....I'm not expecting payment for any of this that I might do to help. its just what it is, me helping a fellow jeeper. but like I said, that jar is so empty...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Emailed about the soft top and slider windows. Hopefully you can help if he doesn't do shipping! Thanks in advance for posting this and the call to help.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
notta prob....

i think what i'll do is just kinda let this thread play out...this guy may flake out with all the out of state requests... craigslist had made alot of people weary of scams

my email is [email protected]

if someone strikes a deal and needs a hand in the shipping dept, just email me directly and I'll see if I can't help out. Hopefully he'll be the shipping type and everyone will be happy, if not.....I'm available to help

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
She wont do shipping and wont sell me the soft uppers with out the soft top so Im out, thanks tho!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need a soft top... Do you know if she was selling it at all? I would need like everything lol

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She wont do shipping and wont sell me the soft uppers with out the soft top so Im out, thanks tho!
odd...

they haven't emailed me about the tub and hood....but that's a bit daunting when you first start parting. how did pricing seem, or did you get that far?

no shipping at all? that's gonna be a bit hard also. i was thinking I would be helping out with the big stuff...tops, doors, dash, etc. but they are in IL, I'm in MO. granted I am 30 min from the IL line but I know I cant be running over there for every bolt, screw, and nut.

I'd almost bet they just sell it whole...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts