Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello,

The blend door lever on my 97 TJ was broken and these cannot be sourced anymore, so I had a CAD model made of it. The tool here won't let me upload the STEP file, but I'm willing to share it with anyone who needs it. I had it laser sintered in polypropylene.

Cheers

Sebastian

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im very interested in buying this if this is still available and compatable with a 98 wrangler tj. We broke ours too and cannot find the part anywhere.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im very interested in buying this if this is still available and compatable with a 98 wrangler tj. We broke ours too and cannot find the part anywhere.
I cannot say if it fits your vehicle, you will have to find out on your own, but this is the lever on the bottom of the HVAC unit and my jeep has a slider heat adjuster rather than a turning knob. Check parts diagrams to see if both versions have the same lever. If they do, PM me and I’ll send you the lever (I have 1 left) for free if you pay postage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot say if it fits your vehicle, you will have to find out on your own, but this is the lever on the bottom of the HVAC unit and my jeep has a slider heat adjuster rather than a turning knob. Check parts diagrams to see if both versions have the same lever. If they do, PM me and I’ll send you the lever (I have 1 left) for free if you pay postage.
Sent you a message. It looks identical to the part we broke and what you describe is exactly where it came from. From what ive read the 97 and 98 tj have the same style ac.

·
Retired Moderator
102,463 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Hello Trav,

Of course I’m willing to email you the file, I’m just glad it gets used and that there are people who care about keeping their TJs in shape.

What I hope for in return is that you pay it forward by either making the file available to others or better yet sell the extra spares you make if anyone should need one, since there is a starting cost and the price ends up being the same for 1 or 5 of these. I’m in Sweden and the postage to the US is 25-30 USD and takes forever. Should you use these professionally, it would be nice if you sent the guy who made the STEP file a little money, since it was professionally 3D scanned and he spent much time on cleaning up the new model to pristine condition from the broken original for no charge at all. But I’ll leave that part to your good will, so just PM me your email address and I’ll send you the step file right away.

Cheers

Reactions: RUBI 4 MY MRS

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The guy has one post, under a name that indicates auto parts supply/sales (since changed), and that first (and only) post asks for your model? Sounds like a plan to totally print for himself with no thought towards profiting off the work of others.
Kudos to you though for making it and offering it up for others to use, that is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts