Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced fuel pump and timing chain. Last year new plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

Engine is warm,Hesitating under load, most noticeable when accelartaing from 50 to 60mph. Once it catches up it's fine..

If I floor it-all the way down, it hesitates almost stops while moving.

In neutral, it revs perfectly, no hesitation.

Always, something.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
What motor, tranny, gear ratio and tire size? Did it just start with the timing chain replacement? ECM should be maximizing ignition timing advance if the initial advance is close. Makes me wonder if the cam is retarded one tooth. If so, motor should be very strong at higher rpms, particularly in lower gears but won't have much low end power. Just a thought. There are a number of things it could be.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

4.0, 32RH automatic, 3.73 w 31" tires.

It just started, like today, I changed the timing chain 2 weeks ago while replacing the crankshaft seal.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ok

4.0, 32RH automatic, 3.73 w 31" tires.

It just started, like today, I changed the timing chain 2 weeks ago while replacing the crankshaft seal.
Since it has been OK for a couple of weeks, I'm thinking Tangofox's suggestion might be worth checking into. If the cam was out of timing, you would have known it right away. My next door neighbor had the TPS issue on his 03 2.4 and a new one resolved his problem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will order the TPS today, low cost, easy first attempt.

Anything else?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,002 Posts
I'd stick with a Mopar OE TPS, many of the aftermarket sensors like are sold by stores like AutoZone are little better than short-lived junk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts