Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Added a Cowl Door Protector last night.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I've been looking at buying the headlights you installed. I was worried about how bright they were on low beam. Most LED lights will blind the person who passes you. How do you feel about them?

Great build by the way.

Jase

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've been looking at buying the headlights you installed. I was worried about how bright they were on low beam. Most LED lights will blind the person who passes you. How do you feel about them?

Great build by the way.

Jase
I haven't had any issues with blinding people. In over 2 months, only 1 person has flashed me, and that was somebody sitting at a stoplight on the other side of the road. I think there was a small incline that I was sitting on. I followed a police officer for 17 miles on an interstate, so that made me feel more comfortable about them, lol.

I really like the light output. It has made a world of difference in being able to see. They really light up the road. I purposefully made sure to angle them down a bit more than probably needed (lower than the factory line) to make sure I wouldn't be a nuisance on the road.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Added Door Sill Protecting Guards

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just purchased a Midland 75-822 CB Radio. To make it easy, I bought the Cooltech Versamount 2. It was easy to install on the passenger grab handle and out of the way in case the air bag needs to deploy. I'll be looking to run a CB Attenna in the near future.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I took some Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel (500 degree) to the Muffler over the weekend.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Finished the install for my FireStik to run to my CB.
I used a Wilson 305-830 18' Belden Coax Cable with PL-259/FME Connectors so that I could take off one end to thread it through the roll bar easier. It also came in handy when running the cable through the tailgate. I pulled out and then cut a hole in the rubber grommet so the cable would go through snug, but still not allow moisture to penetrate the tail gate.

I used a Rugged Ridge 2 hole antenna mount so I could mount the spring for the Firestik , but also for a trail flag.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I put down a little over $100 to have a boat shop build and install a vinyl cover for the trailer. The snaps were already on the trailer, minus a few, but they fixed the missing snaps, put bows through the vinyl top, and here is the finished result.
Next step for the trailer is to get it sandblasted to prep it for paint.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Had to let the Jeep fund accumulate, but finally pulled the trigger on some ACE inner fenders and the new MCE Narrow fenders. The Narrow Fenders are on the way, but the ACE inners are now installed. I removed the OME fenders. It is surprisingly easy to remove them once you have all of the necessary bolts out. Installing the ACE inners was even easier.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I got the MCE Fenders in and got them installed. It was overall a pretty easy process. I had to remove the Ace Inner Fenders and install them after I installed the MCE's. The ACE Inner Fenders didn't leave any room to get your hands into bolt the MCEs, so they had to come out and go back in last.

The MCE Inner Fenders did require drilling, but after the first hole was drilled, I wasn't nearly as nervous anymore, lol. That first one gets your blood pressure up a bit.

For the front fenders, the top to front 3 bolts are all factory holes, but to hold the back in place you had to drill a series of holes to reinforce the fender. The front fenders also don't have much room to work with, so little hands are good, which I didn't have. The drilled holes had self tapping screws that finished that part of the job really easily. The back fenders were a breeze and went on in just a matter of a few minutes.

Below is the finished product.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well, this thread should get pretty fun over the next week. I've been blessed with a wife that has given me permission to put a lift on the Jeep. I was told not to go overboard, but I've been doing some research and also want to do it right. I've ordered new wheels, tires, and the lift. The other parts that are needed are on their way as well.

To get started, I've also ordered a Hi-Lift jack, and have prepped for a hood mount install with the Hi-Lift hood mount. I also bought a lock knob.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Next was the Teraflex adjustable tire mount, to beef up the hinges for the heavier tires. I'll tell you that I am a huge fan of how solid this mount feels, but I was pretty disappointed to see that it doesn't work with the dual hole antenna mount. The way the hinge comes into the top bolts doesn't allow for it to be mounted there, so I'll have to get creative to figure out exactly where I want to put the antenna again. Teraflex does make a bracket, but not a dual hole bracket for that position. We'll see...but for now, here is the new mount.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So, my wife is pretty short, and she is worried about not being able to get up into the Jeep very easily, so I thought I would buy some grab handles to help her out. I picked up some red Wild Boar grab handles through Amazon for a really good price. I tried to stick with red for the alternate color theme I have going on with the Jeep. The Hard Rock has a natural red color theme in the decals, tow hooks, etc.

Here are the fronts:

and the back:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
That's awesome, just curious, what did that cost?
I bought it for $500. I had been looking on my local Craigslist for several months until this one finally popped up for $600. I was able to talk him down a little bit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It's all came together over the weekend. First, I installed the Teraflex kit. I didn't take any pictures through the process, but here is the finished product. You can see how silly the stock KMs look in comparison to the flat fenders and lift.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I took the Jeep to Discount Tire and had the new tires mounted on my Anthem Offroad wheels. It really completed the look for me. These are the 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on an Anthem Defender Wheel.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I wasn't interested in getting the extension for the 3rd brake light. In the kit, Teraflex includes a mounting option to mount within the tire, but that wouldn't work for me because it involves the lug nuts, which aren't exposed due to the center caps of the wheel. I decided to look for an aftermarket solution and found an LED Brake light that I thought would look good. I think it turned out better than I thought and will really help my jeep to stand out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
I was a bit frustrated when I had to get rid of the wheel mounted teraflex antenna mount, because everything I was seeing was a single whole mount for the teraflex hinge. I ordered it thinking I could modify the bracket to fit my need, but I was pleasantly surprised to see they added a second hold to the mount. Now I can mount my Antenna and flag spring at the same time again.

Overall, the bracket is sleak and contures to the hinge carrier. It turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. I give Teraflex back a little bit of credit here. :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts