Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015jk just hit 10k miles had teraflex 2.5 from krawl lift on for past 6k

Installed myself on angled gravel driveway and the ride is great, dive is gone and no bumps or creeks.

What I have noticed is the rear axle is off center and I "droop" on the rear end of the jeep? When I inspect underneath the rear of the jeep I notice my springs are tilted forward (towards front of the jeep) and I am pulling to the right a little.

Have the teraflex axle side brace and on the front I opted for teraflex adjustable track bar and the (slightly) longer fixed lower arms.

The droop or sag in the rear is really starting to grate on me. I know to have it "lvl" is good but my front end sits noticeably higher. So before I start buying things I do not need I wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem and or knew a solution.

I was thinking teraflex spacers for the rear and was wondering about either an adjustable track bar for the rear? and if so do I loose the axle side tf mount and use stock location with new trackbar or use adjustable trackbar with tf axle side mount?

I attatched some pictures to try and show how off center I am and the lean of the springs..... again it is driving great but I am worried about the spring lean and the axle being off center.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The axle is offset to the driver side because you don't have 3" lift in the rear and the shortest hole in the Teraflex track bar bracket (or any bracket for that matter) is 3". To get it centred you'll need a track bar that adjusts shorter than stock... Quite a few do.

If you install a 1/2"-3/4" spacer however it will move the axle more to the passenger side also. The springs bowing is normal unless you get longer control arms for the rear, or spring correction wedges, or cut off and the-weld the mounts on the axle.

Personally I think it looks level, the front fender is much larger than the rear. It will measure about 3/4 - 1" higher than rear when the Jeep is actually level.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The axle is offset to the driver side because you don't have 3" lift in the rear and the shortest hole in the Teraflex track bar bracket (or any bracket for that matter) is 3". To get it centred you'll need a track bar that adjusts shorter than stock... Quite a few do.

If you install a 1/2"-3/4" spacer however it will move the axle more to the passenger side also. The springs bowing is normal unless you get longer control arms for the rear, or spring correction wedges, or cut off and the-weld the mounts on the axle.

Personally I think it looks level, the front fender is much larger than the rear. It will measure about 3/4 - 1" higher than rear when the Jeep is actually level.
Thank you sir... I was thinking small spacers in back might bring it closer to center but I am defiantly a noob on lifts and geometry of them. Thank you for your reply I will try spacers and see where that gets me.

Its harder to tell in the pictures but the droop is more than other of my friends jeep with 2inch + lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts