Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the site and just picked up a 2012 jeep wrangler 4 door. No mods yet except for tinted windows a hard top and a spare tire cover.... Awww crap I built a mall crawler.. lol.. Im up in Tehachapi. Im looking for a good DIy weld up winch bumper and a good fab shop maybe a club to go wheeling with...

Ok then now Ill shut up

Andy:dance:

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Jeeperdave49 is in Tehachapi, he may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome Andy, I'm in Tehachapi (Oak Knolls) I wheel with the Bakersfield Trailblazers, Wrangler Forum and Town and Country 4 wheelers, have also been out with the Gear Grinders out of Ridgecrest. I don't know of any fab shops in Tehachapi. All my work was done in Victorville.Before I moved here. Lab lover makes good cookies. I'm heading to Calico on Friday, if your interested PM me. Dave

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Welcome to jeepin...You have some great wheelin real close to you. Nightmare/last chance canyons are good place to cut your teeth. Would recommend at least some rubi sliders if your jeep is stock height. Just some added protection. Also, plenty to see down there that does not require extra hardware if you stick to the fire roads. Also there is the Piute Forest area that is nice to cruise through. McIvers Cabin is a cool trip as well from where you are.

Keep your eye posted on the boards for runs.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Welcome Andy, I'm in Tehachapi (Oak Knolls) I wheel with the Bakersfield Trailblazers, Wrangler Forum and Town and Country 4 wheelers, have also been out with the Gear Grinders out of Ridgecrest. I don't know of any fab shops in Tehachapi. All my work was done in Victorville.Before I moved here. Lab lover makes good cookies. I'm heading to Calico on Friday, if your interested PM me. Dave
Keep in mind, he will not be able to do the majority of what we'll be doing out in Calico this weekend in his rig. He will break for sure.

There's open passenger seats though!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome from Ridgecrest Andy! Lots of wheeling around here in the desert. Let me know if you get over this way and we can go play, I have only been wheeling for 7 months but I am hooked! I will take you places you can go in a stock rig no problems as I am stock as well.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I H8RDS said:
Keep in mind, he will not be able to do the majority of what we'll be doing out in Calico this weekend in his rig. He will break for sure.

There's open passenger seats though!
Really? You don't think he'd make it? Oh Ye of little Faith! I say bring it. Lets see what he's made of.

Just kidding... Lories right. God I hate saying that!!! But a bone stock Wrangler can be destroyed on the Rocks at Calico.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Why thank you :D

I will make it a point to bring my trail mix cookies on any runs we attend :)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
What's that? Come to the Darkside, We have Cookies!!! Lol
Maybe :angel:

I really do make cookies though, not like when you get into the van only to find out there is no candy :banghead: :eek:

·
Registered
5,205 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Me and several others did Calico stock. We were in rubi's though. We all made it out with no issues. Just learned what the skids and rock rails were used for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks for all the replies. My Rubi springs and shocks are on there way by Fed Ex. Thanks for all the introductions. Lab Lover I have the same color jeep. Im looking for some rock rails currently and wheels and tires. Im looking forward to getting some wheeling in before Winter.

Jeeper Dave thanks for the hello Im out in Stallion Springs. Jeff in RC thanks for the info.

Next question any have a set of Rubican Rock rails for sale or Rubi wheels??

Im ordering some weld up bumpers in a few days....

Andy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts