Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire advice

Just bought a 2010 unlimited sport. We're looking to get new wheels and tires with decent off road capabilities, but without doing a lift right away. We're looking at 33x12.5x15. Does anyone have suggestions on tires that size, or maybe decent places to look at tires?

We took it out tonight, and with stock tires, didn't do so bad. I may or may not have gotten stuck in some mud, but simple four wheel drive got us out. I would definitely feel more comfortable with larger tires.

Again, any tire suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
What kind of tire are you looking for?

What kind of offroading are you going to do?

What's your ratio of offroad/highway driving?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
A good amount of people think the 33x12.50 is a bit wide aesthetics wise. Going with a 33.10.50 would lead to better on road handling/milage, but in the end its your jeep. Really depends how much its going to be in the mud/dirt/rocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The jeep is my everyday car. I have about a 15 mile drive to work everyday.

I drove a supercharged Chevy cobalt before this, so I'm on a whole new level with a jeep. I plan to take the jeep out off roading as much as possible. I'm just not ready to dump tons of money into it yet, hence waiting on the lift. So for now, I want something a little versatile with on and off road.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I shopped a bit and ended up with 31x12.5x15 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires on my TJ. This was a couple of weeks ago - Firestone was running a "buy 3, get one free" special, plus 15% off if you applied for a credit card, and then 18 months no interest on the card. I was pretty happy to drive out of there with five new tires for under $1,000. Of course the spare was in the back seat because it wouldn't fit on my stock spare mount, but that's another topic.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try discount tire direct there prices are cheap plus they have a $1oo rebate I think that might still be going on but to look and research tires try quadratec and jpmagazine :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts