Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a used and fully stock unlimited sahara 2007-2009 and I need help from all you pros here. I live in Florida, so it will be my daily ride, but every summer I would like to go out for 2-3 months to Utah and west to enjoy nature and off roading. This year I would like to do poison spider trail and some other trails in Moab area, so any info what upgrades I should do to a stock Sahara to be able to make this trails. So 3months off roading/highway driving and rest of the year daily ride in FL. Please any info will be very appreciated as I'm new in Jeep community. Thank you Alex.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Welcome Alex!
I would look at underbelly skid plates & more off road tires, not to big though or you will be looking at lifting as well. Good front & rear bars are a good idea & get a decent tow strap, one thats the flat type about 3 inches wide & 30 or 40 ft' long, no metal ends on it just loops. If you are going to be doing much off road driving a Rubicon would be a better option as the Sahara has a smaller front diff & hasn't got the better T-case. I have a Sahara & it does ok, but I have plenty of upgrades. Most of all get it, drive it & see what you feel you would like to do to it after a few months

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with jcf, a rubicon would be the best choice for what u want to do, would do Poison spider mesa without even breaking a sweat, and just as civil on the highway, with that being said, if u really want a Sahara, it will also probably be able to conquer Poison spider with minimal problems, even stock. Other than recovery/safety equipment, adding at least one locking differential (selectable like an ARB) would pretty much guarantee u to be able to get thru most trails with comparable difficulty to Poison spider. good luck and happy Jeeping!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for ideas.I'll definitely look for skid plates and bars. I think I would like to add some lift to it, do you have any good recommendation as for how big and what brand?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts