Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, that was a bad little cheesie intro, but hey, im new and from Portland, Oregon,......anyone??

okay, so i did a search and read about how someone was buying a used jeep and they ran the jeeps Vin in to find out if it was equiped with d44' or d35's......how exactly is this done?

is their a certain site you put the vin in or something?

thanks,

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Hey, another Pacific NWer.:D

Welcome to WF.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Is your Jeep a Rubicon? I'm assuming so by your user name. If it is a Rubicon then you have Dana 44's front and rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and if the jeep is placed in an add on the internet and I can not see the diff........ is there a way i can check if its a 2000 year model?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
If it's a 2000 model then it's not a Rubicon. Does the ad list the VIN?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Go to a dealership, they can run the vin for you.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You can also go to Jeep.com and request a build sheet. It may take a couple of days, but that is also an option.

Going to a dealer, saying you are interested in a Wrangler and wanted a build sheet to see what it came with.

Keep in mind, it COULD have been modified and what is on the build sheet may NOT be on the Jeep now. If you have pics of this Jeep, post em up and we'll help ya figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts