Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 93 wrangler last night i traded a 4 wheeler for it the guy deliverd the jeep to me by trailer we sighned bill of sales but he said he for got the title for the jeep and said he would mail it to me monday, well he called today because he broke the wheeler and and now says he will not give me the title to the jeep what should i do?

·
Registered
180 Posts
wow

So did he sign the bill of sale for the 4 wheeler? Well he does have to deliver your paper work. I would show up at his house and get the paper work. If not, call the police saying what happened.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Depends on how the paperwork is worded I would think. Do you have a witness who heard him say he would send the title to you?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would think it wouldn't matter, the bill of sale should be legally sufficient. Otherwise he is obligated minimally to repair the wheeler back to the state in which he recieved it.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
You need to call the police.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Welcome to WF. Good luck getting your title.
If you both signed the bill of sale, I would think he has to give you the title.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
I would call the police, too. I'm not sure if there's an implied warranty when it's a private sale. I don't think there is, but that might depend on the state.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would call the police, too. I'm not sure if there's an implied warranty when it's a private sale. I don't think there is, but that might depend on the state.
It really depends on the state. But the cops are a great place to start.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Most bills of sale for used vehicles state that there is no warranty implied or otherwise unless indicated on the bill of sale. If he signed the bill of sale and especially if you have a witness to said signing, he has to give you your title. Warranty has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
it depends.. make sure you clearly stated on the bill of sale as is, otherwise you get into an implied warrenty or try out period..

I'm in with ya tiny lets go get the title.. u have the services of a 6'5 275 penguin

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If he won't give it to you, then return the YJ is a similar condition. :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Wheel it. ;) Do something like in your avatar.

OR just TELL HIM that you wheeled it and did some damage. You pay for the 'damage' you incurred to the Jeep and he pays for the damage he incurred to the ATV... trade back... his Jeep will be good as new ;) and the ATV will be fixed. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ha ha, it's not MY jeep.. it's "93_wrangler"'s Jeep. Sortof. lol. i'm scared to turtle my Jeep till I upgrade the roll bars.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
You can borrow my 357 magnum and ask him if he feels lucky.

Well do you ...punk?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ha ha, it's not MY jeep.. it's "93_wrangler"'s Jeep. Sortof. lol. i'm scared to turtle my Jeep till I upgrade the roll bars.
been there done that the stock roll bars will hold. just makes things intresting. keep your head back

1 - 20 of 29 Posts