Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just thought i'd share a little story with you guys....

a little background and mood setting first. :rofl: recently my old lady and i built a detached two ehmm... "car" :nonono: (insert dead kitten) garage in our back yard. well, (insert problem here) because we live in the historic district in Tampa, we had certain requirements we had to meet... one of those being the height of the garage door opening... :facepalm:

so, onto my story (why are you guys still reading this?!?)... over the weekend i was toying with ways to reconfigure my jack so i could actually use my newly constructed garage. i decided to call hi-lift yesterday, curious to find out whether you could cut an all-cast jack -- or if that would compromise the integrity of the material... which might be a bad thing when i need it... :cool:

i spoke with a pretty friendly customer service rep, who immediately laughed and said your jacks' mounted vertically isn't it. i said yup... then he said -- cut it. no chance it breaks, but if it does, call me back and i'll make you one - cut to what ever length you need for your troubles.

:eek:

that my fellow jeeping enthusiasts is called customer service. so hi-lift.. if you ever search the interwebz... thanks.. sincerely.

your pal,
-bob

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Glad to here about the good customer service. My question is just this. What do you plan to lift with the jack now???? It looks so short.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
But you kinda look unsure of what you just did ...
:rofl:

Glad to here about the good customer service. My question is just this. What do you plan to lift with the jack now???? It looks so short.
Judging from the pic, its probably about a 40" jack now ;)

Its a baby jeep jack now :)

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha awesome :thumb:

But you kinda look unsure of what you just did ...

oh, and while you're there, grill me a burger?

lol.. it was hot! :facepalm: and that thing was a pain to cut through with a sawzall! my forearms were smoked! :redface: happy to turn my 48" jack into a 40" jack :D it's lower than the roof line now! :dance:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

only took 8" off - haven't had to jack that high on it anyways.. thankfully nothing off camber. when i've used it.. i've had plenty of jack left... but that was with 35s, not 37s :whistling:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
That is awesome... I want one.

Nice file set. ;)

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is awesome... I want one.

Nice file set. ;)
:D thank you sir. spun some wrenches for a while in my day... collected my fare share of snap-on tools..

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
:D thank you sir. spun some wrenches for a while in my day... collected my fare share of snap-on tools..
Very welcome... I drove one of their 'busses' for a while, I just tend to notice these things. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts