Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount my high lift jack on my hood. but some people have said that it will bend my hood. so. my question. what if i do self tapping screws on the part infront of the windshield. not the hood but you know when you lift the hood up. that 4 inch space between where the hood mounting brackets start and.
i dont know how to explain this.
when the hood lifts up. the part of the body thats still exposed while the hood is up right below the windshield. its the part where that grate thing is.

sorry. :/
its a 95 YJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
better off just attaching it to your tire rack. i have mine bolted down behind tire. the only way to steal it is to remove tire..... and good luck with that. lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My spare is too big... and i have a pad lock system i crafted. and do you know what im talking about? the part that goes behind the hood?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My spare is too big... and i have a pad lock system i crafted. and do you know what im talking about? the part that goes behind the hood?
Cowl. The 'grate thing' is the air intake for your interior ventilation.
DJ is referring to a swing out tire carrier, on a bumper. Not the stock tire mount.
If you really feel the need to carry a hi-lift, you should consider upgrading your bumpers as well anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES! that was what i was thinking. god i chouldnt think about the name. would that spot be an okay location?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have up graded bumpers.
smitty built all the way around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
* and its just mainly as well i dont have a jack any way. the thing was like 70 bucks. what the hell. i bought it. i just dont hav room for it in side the jeep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used a couple u-clamps and wing nuts, mounted to my roll bar. It sits crossways just above the rear seat. Inside, nice and dry, takes less than a minute to take out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Back bumper behind the spare.
Sorry but I like my jeep to much to go strapin iron all over the place. Not to mention, that jack could become a freekin projectile in an accident. Put it where it belongs.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
^x1000 yepper. cold iron does not care who it takes out. that thing in front is a windshield. it is glass not boiler plate. OUCH OUCH OUCH:doh:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but i have smitty built tubular bumpers how can i mount a jack on a tubed surface? i bought the universal jack. can you post pics where your jack is beemerhead?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
** what about, you know in the back seat in the 95' it has like that metal arm rest on either side. what about there?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have mine mounted up on the front bumper:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i should take off my front bumper? i am putting a winch in that spot.. im in a real pickle here... i dont wanna leave it in the car just sitting there either.

·
Registered
276 Posts
+2 yeah dude you need to move that jack.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts