Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's has to use mine for the first time! Flat tire on the road, slipped the jack under the rear bumper, and viola! This jack is highly recommended. Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I love mine. Actually used it as a winch to pull my girlfriends mothers car out of the mud in her driveway just to see if it worked

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am currently living in Kenya where the off roading is a common way to get to work, or play. you will not see a single vehicle on a marum (hard dirt and rock) without 1. Not a single safari vehicle will go into the bush with out 1. Mine is mounted on the Rubi parked in CO waiting for me to come back. After living here, and the ubiquitous nature of it... in fact you can even buy 1 here, I will not be on the road without it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, bought the car from a dealership in sc. And after everything, I got home and decided to see what kind of jack the car came with, because I've never owned an suv type vehicle. I've always had cars. Anyways, the jack wasn't back there. So I didn't have one. So I just decided to buy a hi lift

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good thing you checked !
I found a rather nice first aid kit back there when i bought my jeep used. :)
And a can of fix a flat, which would not of worked due to the size of the tires ( stock at the time )

·
Registered
24 Posts
Typically yes. They can be more tricky/ more dangerous that the stock jack.
They can also be usefull for vehicles with larger lifts/ tires where the stock jack might not be able to lift high enough.
If used correctly they are fine, there is just a greater potential for something to go wrong.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have checked before I left the dealership, but they had to fix a dent in the back + they had to put a new license plate cover on, and fix 2 dents on each side of the good where the precious owner let the doors swing all the way open. I got the hi lift thinking I wouldn't really use it, but I've actually used it a lot. My bumpers are stock, but there is a spot under the stock bumpers where the hi lift can fit. I also purchased the hi lift jack lift mate, which hooks to the jack itself, then hooks to the rims and lifts the tire up. I just put a jack stand under the axle.

image-4054117628.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
48" Hi Lift sitting in garage. Wife bought it for me for Christmas. Not sure what to do with it as far as mounting it. Was waiting for nicer weather to see where to put it. Thinking of pulling the hard top off this weekend and installing the soft top. Don't what it mounted where it will walk away.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I've used my hi lift on the stock bumpers. Front and back. If you peek under the back bumper, there's a little place where it will fit, as in the front. Works perfectly fine. And as for my hi lift walking away, my jeep stays around town. Just to work, my house, girlfriends house, and occasionally Walmart lol. I don't think I have to worry too much about someone taking it. But if you travel with yours more, and use it as a daily driver, definitely put a lock on it just in case. There are some crazy people out there.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread...

As an offroading newbie, am I right in thinking that having a hi-lift jack when I go offroad is a really good idea?

Which one of their models is recommended, and why? This would be for a (so far) stock JKU Rubicon Hard Rock.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and guidance!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes, and, like any serious tool it has potential to seriously hurt, and even kill the operator, so be sure to watch instructional videos, pay attention to the safety bits, and use it in controlled environment several times to be sure you understand and are comfortable with it's functions.
I would also recommend a come-a-long(of course a winch would be ideal), shovel, axe, saw and especially a first aide kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, and, like any serious tool it has potential to seriously hurt, and even kill the operator, so be sure to watch instructional videos, pay attention to the safety bits, and use it in controlled environment several times to be sure you understand and are comfortable with it's functions.
I would also recommend a come-a-long(of course a winch would be ideal), shovel, axe, saw and especially a first aide kit.
+1 to this...
use it a few times preferably with someone else that has used them before. Also carry WD-40 and spray it down often to make sure it works properly when needed.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread...

As an offroading newbie, am I right in thinking that having a hi-lift jack when I go offroad is a really good idea?

Which one of their models is recommended, and why? This would be for a (so far) stock JKU Rubicon Hard Rock.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and guidance!
a genuine hi-lift 48" jack is good to go. Either the all cast iron version or the cast/steel one both are good. I have the cast/steel because i was a cheapass when i bought it 10 years ago.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts