Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking for ideas for a high lift location. And cool pics or mounts ideas. Looking to mount it to my rear tailgate anyone know we're to get one.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Best to keep it inside the jeep, away from the elements. That way when you need it, the jack mechanism won't be rusted and difficult to operate. Many use muffler clamps or similar fencing clamps to secure the lift between the rear sport bar pillars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking for ideas for a high lift location. And cool pics or mounts ideas. Looking to mount it to my rear tailgate anyone know we're to get one.
Here's where I have mine I take it off once a week religously to lube it so it works when I need it .
Will have to change places for it soon though , have just got a winch, so will possibly mount it on the side, standing straight up just back from front wheel arch

Attachments

·
Banned
613 Posts
Mine's on the hood...mounted on Warrior Products mounts....And yeah, I keep it lubed up and in a neoprene boot...Been there long time and use it often....no issues, no regrets....got it locked with free cable gun lock from local do-gooder cops.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mounting mine to the side of my safari basket. Didnt like the idea of having it to the roll cage inside the rear of the Jeep as there is little room to carry other things as it is.
On the bumpers or tire carrier is another feasible option i guess...but knowing myself i would hang it up on something or tear it off. Dont care for the hood mount either, looks cool, but i dont like obstructing my view with lights,jack whatever. To each his own though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts