Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
This is sort of off topic, but how long have you had your hi lift before it started rusting?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
HiLifts are built so that you can disassemble them for service. HiLift actually sells a refurb kit for their jacks. I'd just disassemble it, refurb any parts that need it, then sand/prep/paint prior to reassembly.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
hannahuffster said:
They rust pretty quick. A couple months on your hood and it is rusty...
Alright. Im getting one for christmas. So would my best bet be to jus get it mounted behind the rear seat?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D I've had this one for 16 years-no rust, cause I never leave it outside the vehicle-works flawlessly-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
402 Posts
:D I've had this one for 16 years-no rust, cause I never leave it outside the vehicle-works flawlessly-

For me it wouldnt really matter where it was mounted unless it was in the glove box I guess, my top is only on about 4 months out of the year...

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D So, then we'll assume that everything you carry in your jeep (with top off) is never covered-food/recovery gear/water/cloths-right

For me it wouldnt really matter where it was mounted unless it was in the glove box I guess, my top is only on about 4 months out of the year...
Everything is open to the sun/wind/rain/snow/meteorites/guided missles ??

Strange-

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mines on the roof. I hatred inside the jeep on the roll bars it was always in the way. I don't get much rain but would still like to prevent any rust

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D I keep mine right behind the front seats, so there's plenty more storager area, although I've moved it, depending on load !!

Never has been outside, you know sunburn !!

·
Registered
402 Posts
:D So, then we'll assume that everything you carry in your jeep (with top off) is never covered-food/recovery gear/water/cloths-right

Everything is open to the sun/wind/rain/snow/meteorites/guided missles ??

Strange-

Pretty much right on the money! I carry a ammo can with all my recovery gear / tools, in on the weekends out during the week (except for my under-hood storage of jumper cables and a few necessities - My big strap is almost always laced around my stinger - Food / beer / soda in the ice chest - Clothes are **usually** on my body

I try to have my top on prior to the first snow and take it off after the last, though last year old man winter pulled a fast one on me and got me once!

Still looking for the guided missile resistant top (I assume it would be some sorta hard top?). I guess if I run across one of those I should be good on the small meteorites too...

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:zap: Heh Heh, yea I've been waiting for one too-

Pretty much right on the money! I carry a ammo can with all my recovery gear / tools, in on the weekends out during the week (except for my under-hood storage of jumper cables and a few necessities - My big strap is almost always laced around my stinger - Food / beer / soda in the ice chest - Clothes are **usually** on my body

I try to have my top on prior to the first snow and take it off after the last, though last year old man winter pulled a fast one on me and got me once!

Still looking for the guided missile resistant top (I assume it would be some sorta hard top?). I guess if I run across one of those I should be good on the small meteorites too...
My sons pretty deep into the USAF Predator program and he'll get me some discarded Predator radar pods that I can hardwire into my IPAD/GPSW !!

(Just kidding) maybe !

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts