Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting some suggestions on witch one to go with. Done lots of reading and have not came to the advantage. I remember reading new wire harness for the headlights is this for both or just the 55w and where are y'all getting the harness. Most of them I been reading are plug in play. So is this the harness they are talking about.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
55w make 35w look dim. they are exactly the same wiring wise. I have 35w HID headlights and 55w HID off road lights and they are waay brighter. its all plug and play, you may need an addiotional harness if you get pulsing. I dont run anything addiotional on mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rawkon said:
55w make 35w look dim. they are exactly the same wiring wise. I have 35w HID headlights and 55w HID off road lights and they are waay brighter. its all plug and play, you may need an addiotional harness if you get pulsing. I dont run anything addiotional on mine.
I am looking into getting a hid kit with diamond cut projector and 55w ballast and 6000k bulbs for my headlights I hope this alone is bright enough so I don't have to run my fog lights as well. Did u do the fog light mod so they will work on highbeam? I am also looking in to doing that but the last thing I want is burnt wires ya know.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
My recomendation for headlights is hella h4 e code housings, and the DDM kit from DDMtuning.com go for the whitest color you can get for the best performance. I dont have fog lights but my headlights are crazy bright. the IPF lights i have are on the windshiled mounts and i cant run them in the city. if i do i will blind everyone.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Do not get clear diamond headlights. You do nothing but scatter lots of useless light and blind people. As indicated above, get e-code lenses.

You do not need new wiring harnesses with either 35 or 55. 55 will be brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts