Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an HID kit from pro tuning lab, and my bf was going to put them on (he did his truck), but now he is so confused. I ordered the relay and the warning canceller (which I'm not even sure I need, and I think that's what has him scratching his head), and no instructions came with them. I've searched and I can't find anything to help. Does anyone have any idea where to begin? I have a 2010 JKU.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Return them. Save your money for a real HID/projector setup or go LED; Truck-lite, JW Speaker, Quadratec.
X2 I had hids with relay and error eliminators, took me awhile to get them installed after a year or so I ripped them out and replaced them with JW speakers. HOLY BRIGHT! The hid bulbs in the stock housing just don't compare to a projector headlight.
Worth the extra $$

·
Registered
554 Posts
I ordered an HID kit from pro tuning lab, and my bf was going to put them on (he did his truck), but now he is so confused. I ordered the relay and the warning canceller (which I'm not even sure I need, and I think that's what has him scratching his head), and no instructions came with them. I've searched and I can't find anything to help. Does anyone have any idea where to begin? I have a 2010 JKU.
but to answer your question the error eliminators I believe should go between the ballast and the bulb and the relay should go from your battery to each bulb.

The ballast should plug into your stock headlight plugs, I'm not 100% on this I can pull out my old hids when I get home this afternoon and post a picture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too late to save money, they're already here and I think I've had them too long to return. You live and you learn I guess. But if I can use them, I would like to get some use out of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts