Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Tuffy makes a locking stereo cover and there are premade boxes called stealth box that go in the trunk.

I am in the same boat as you...I just upgraded all of my audio and I will be buying the locking stereo cover for security and it will also keep the water off of the deck in case the top is off and it starts raining. I am going to build a custom sub box that goes under my rear seats that is completely enclosed to prevent my equipment from growing legs and walking away.

What kinda Jeep do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2015 JKU, standard audio package. Are you going to bolt your box down? I also thought about trying to mount it somewhere under the back seat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually just leave the jeep unlocked the prevent someone from cutting the soft top. The police car parked in the driveway usually is sufficient for a car alarm. I guess I'm looking at ways to keep everything conspicuous

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ok. I don't think the locking enclosure works for your Jeep...your dash is more curved I think and the enclosure isnt made for that. I'm sure there is something similar if you have a nice deck, I got a touch screen so this is a concern for me.

I think I am going to resin mold mine to the bottom of the jeep under the rear seats. Mount one sub under each of the rear seats and then for the middle seat add a drawer that encloses the amp. It would be vented to prevent over heating, but the water would not be able to get in....I've seen a few pictures just by googling it, but no real write ups.

I'm going this route because a larger part of me getting a 4 door was the added trunk space and I didn't want a sub box taking up my whole trunk.

There are some very good quality trunk enclosures that you can purchase that will keep everything secure for you.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I should add I am planning on covering the outside of the enclosure with carpet matching the existing carpet so it doesn't stand out. It will just look like the entire back seat is mounted to a box for support.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I usually just leave the jeep unlocked the prevent someone from cutting the soft top. The police car parked in the driveway usually is sufficient for a car alarm. I guess I'm looking at ways to keep everything conspicuous
I think you mean "inconspicuous". Your choice, just trying to help. You asked, remember? If you already had the answer, why ask?:facepalm:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you mean "inconspicuous". Your choice, just trying to help. You asked, remember? If you already had the answer, why ask?:facepalm:
My apologies, I probably wasn't clear enough with my question. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely would want to see a write up on rear underseat hidden sub! Tippy, sent you a PM with a link to another forum install step-by-step. Thread was dead by the time I tried to ask follow-up questions though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Any recommendations on how to deal with expensive audio equipment and a soft top?
I faced the same question when I bought my 2013. Took a while to get right but am currently using Pioneers touchscreen with removable face, replaced all speakers and used factory grills. All my amps are under the dash, and my subs are mounted under the front seats. I can leave my Jeep parked anywhere with the top on or off without worry because there is nothing to steal. Here's a pic of the 10" subs under the front seats if you haven't seen them in an old thread. Can't see them when the seats at bolted down. Best part is with 1000 watts pushing them, you can still hear bass and feel it with the top down on the interstate. image-1083423220.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts