Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the m.o.r.e hide-a-step? or does anyone offer a similar solution? i just finished installing an aev 3.5'' lift and 315 tires and now my wife is having trouble getting in. im 6'4'' and slide right in so id really just like a simple solution for her without hanging steps. the price tag is a little bit steep at $115 per step:angel: and having a foor door i guess i could just do that front 2? i understand you get what you pay for so if anyone has a great review on them i'll go that way, just looking for options.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Rock rails make great steps.... and are useful, and not in the way. You might give that some thought, there a several very good ones. I have ACE, Hanson makes a great one too... There's a bit of an *art* to getting in, but it is easily mastered. One tip is don't have her purse in hand, have it set up inside first. I step on the rail with my left foot, put my right hand on my seat, and just step up, swinging my right leg inside, then the left (off the rail) - use opposing legs/arm for passenger side I guess. It's my jeep, so I'm never the passenger...
As far as steps go, sorry, can't help you there.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
has anyone tried the m.o.r.e hide-a-step? or does anyone offer a similar solution? i just finished installing an aev 3.5'' lift and 315 tires and now my wife is having trouble getting in. im 6'4'' and slide right in so id really just like a simple solution for her without hanging steps. the price tag is a little bit steep at $115 per step:angel: and having a foor door i guess i could just do that front 2? i understand you get what you pay for so if anyone has a great review on them i'll go that way, just looking for options.
Pretty sparse, info wise. Here are a couple things I found. The Jeepforum link is from a thread that was just started, I believe, so maybe it'll get more active in the next day or two if you can't get answers here. Couldn't find much in our own archive, and the guys on JKF trashed em (said you couldn't rock crawl with em...).

Second link is to some alternative bolt-ons I found.

My one concern with the MORE's is that road salt and snow in winter would gunk em up and they'd stop retracting well. Might not be a problem at all, though...

Good luck! :thumb:

CARR.com Automotive Accessories

New JK Hide-A-Step - JeepForum.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts