Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my opener to open the garage door with a pull of the the handle. got tired of looking at the opener on the key ring and the thought of the visor one getting stolen. Thats what i did on My christmas Holiday..

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
awesome Idea, do you have a write up?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've done this with my Harley. Nice mod too. Ensure to list the details for others to follow.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How to Do

Its rather easy, first you have to have a opener that you no longer want,it must work off a 12 volt battery.Take unit apart some have a screw, some clip together. The inside will have a circuit board find where the switch attches to the board and solder a jumper wire across the switchpoints ,so as making the switch on all the time.where the battery goes solder leads on to where the battery touches the contacts. go to your headlight and pull off the connecter and with a meter touch the connecter and ground while pulling on your high beam stick. the meter will jump when you find the high beam connector. reattched connecter. I stripped the wire back a bit and soldered the postive wire to that point. For the negitive wire find a good ground and attach. At this stage it should work. I took the box that was the opener and cut slits for the leads to hang out then put rubber tape around the whole thing to keep dirt and water out ,zip tieded it up to the wire harness and its good to go. if anybody needs more send me a P.M. thanks for looking and have a Happy New Year....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very cool idea, but I dont know if I have the smarts to get that accomplished on my wife's VW without making something else mess up at the same time. Might have to try it out though. :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
That would mean if you are driving down the street with the high beams on you are essentially gonna open any garage door that happens to be on the same signal. That sounds like fun

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sorry it doesent work like that, the control board only activates on a surge ,a quick power jolt . So no you cant open doors unless your pulling back on the stick as your cruising around the block...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts