Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's a jeep thing... I have noticed at highway speeds at a particular throttle position (somewhere under 10%) there is an audible high frequency noise like a 3000 hz square wave that resonates in the cabin. It seems to be dependent on throttle position. The slightest change in throttle will make the noise disappear completely. I still hear the noise using cruise control and there is no change in performance when it is audible. I have the ripp supercharger system installed with larger injectors and their tune but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this either stock or with the ripp system.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Maybe it's a jeep thing... I have noticed at highway speeds at a particular throttle position (somewhere under 10%) there is an audible high frequency noise like a 3000 hz square wave that resonates in the cabin. It seems to be dependent on throttle position. The slightest change in throttle will make the noise disappear completely. I still hear the noise using cruise control and there is no change in performance when it is audible. I have the ripp supercharger system installed with larger injectors and their tune but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this either stock or with the ripp system.
Probably your blow off valve.. check there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm experiencing a similar issue. Check out this video. https://youtu.be/iRQ1rJ97JHI

Can anyone from Ripp offer guidance on how to stop it? (Note I've already considered the buy a better stereo route.) It's driving me mad.

Best,
-j
There are a few questions that need to be asked.

1) How long has the blower been installed? Is it still in break in?

2) If it is not a fresh install, When was the last time the blower oil was changed, or level checked?

Though it is very difficult to diagnose via video, has this vehicle recently been re- geared? or, is it high mileage? From the video, it sound more like a drive line sound then a blower related sound. I would think the rear differential gears are suspect, or, wheel bearing.

You can call our tech line at 718-815-1313 Ext. 10

RIPP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts