Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear hitch .. If you don't have a hitch you have no where to jack from.
Aftermarket bumpers and rock rails are made to jack from.
I do have a rear hitch and have given that some thought. Rock rails are next on my list, but the ones I am looking at wouldn't have a flat place to set jack. Thank you for the idea.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I do have a rear hitch and have given that some thought. Rock rails are next on my list, but the ones I am looking at wouldn't have a flat place to set jack. Thank you for the idea.
U don't need a flat spot on the rails to jack from. I use my ace sliders for jacking. But yeah ur screwed with factory bumpers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've installed a Curt front receiver hitch on my '08, would this suffice for now as a jacking point, until I install so sliders?

Also, would Tyger side step nerf suffice, or should I get something beefier for my 2 dr?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is possible to use a ratchet strap and a little ingenuity to lift off the rims.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What's wrong with your stock jack ? If you're stock you should be fine .

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^ that looks like a nifty add on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have used this product. It's is solidly built. I honestly don't think I would have ever used a hi-lift unless I had this product. The hi lift scared me especially from all the horror stories I was told. You can also use your hi-lift on non normal jacking points.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I think that is a cool product to have available if you need to use a High Lift Jack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts