Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
Put 98k miles on my bought new 2012 in four years. It was my work vehicle and I drive about 25k miles a year. I did have the dreaded bad head issue at 44k miles, fixed under the warranty, which was extended to 130k (I think).
Traded it at 98k for a 2016.
Being a personally owned work vehicle I get 57.5 cents for every mile driven, recently lowered to 55.5 cents. Still pays for a lot of me being able to drive a Jeep Wrangler for work every day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought mine about three months ago with 77,000 and now at 82,800. Bought it mainly for the Chicago winters, so I don't have to drive the other cars. Only things I have done on it, which I knew it all needed prior to buying was new brakes, rotors, tires and fixed the trans cooler lines with the hose clamp solution.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My 07 JK has 73,000 miles on it and I am having to replace the motor. The oil pump went out while I was doing 80 on the interstate. Oh well! I could have thought of other ways to spend 3k on my jeep but a new motor will be nice with a warranty again!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Here is a pic of it before the motor went

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My 07 JK has 73,000 miles on it and I am having to replace the motor. The oil pump went out while I was doing 80 on the interstate. Oh well! I could have thought of other ways to spend 3k on my jeep but a new motor will be nice with a warranty again!!
Sorry to hear about the motor. Time for an LS swap? Lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry to hear about the motor. Time for an LS swap? Lol
No LS swap for me... I'm in the middle of a 5.9 swap on my YJ so I went with a quick and easy 3.8 to get me back on the road and the trails

·
Registered
493 Posts
Was 3k for the engine and install? New or rebuilt?
3k was for the engine and install! It was a great deal. It was a rebuilt motor. I got it from GearHead Engines. They are the only online engine seller that I found little to no negative reviews on. Plus they had a no fault warranty that covers $96 per hour labor, towing, rental car reimbursement, an install kit with belts, hoses, pumps and thermostat. As well as 3 years unlimited miles.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Should I be worried that we are excited about finding a Jk over 200k miles? I've owned tacomas and tundras that start to come alive at 200k miles. You guys got me worried now.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Should I be worried that we are excited about finding a Jk over 200k miles? I've owned tacomas and tundras that start to come alive at 200k miles. You guys got me worried now.
I'm hoping to get well over 200k out of mine. Lol. Hope that's not an unrealistic expectation.

·
Registered
628 Posts
No, I think it's just tough to find an original first or second year JK owner who consistently puts at least 25,000 miles a year on one, which is what you'd have to do to have over 200,000 on an '07 or '08, if my math is right. In my experience, most folks who put that many miles on a vehicle yearly get a new one at least every 4 or 5 years. I'm sure they're out there though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
123,000 on my 08 Unlimited Rubicon.
Bought it used with 85,000 miles on it and I haven't had any issues in the 40,000 I've put on it. Stock exhaust rusted and literally fell off, that's about it lol. Cheers to the next 100,000 miles!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
59k miles as of this morning in my 13, bought it last year with 28k, driven 130 miles daily, nothing but oil changes so far and mods to enhance its capabilities. Rooting for an LSx engine some day, i just hope to have the money somehow available when that day comes :)

41 - 60 of 86 Posts