Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Purchased new, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 218,738 miles
Major issues: too numerous to list all but just to name a few:
Two heads, a new head gasket, multiple heater cores, at least two radiators, two radios, wiring harness, and most recently a new transmission. Good thing I purchased the lifetime warranty. I still drive it for my daily driver
Terrible record, damn! UGHHHH...Still all stock or very modified??

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
210 Posts
My 2017 just hit 100k last month, only issues I have had were a code for gas vent which was fixed under warranty (replaced something between the filler and the tank), a stuck rear caliper (replaced at a trusted shop because i didn’t have time to wait for the dealership) and now the rear diff (found metal while changing oil), which is also being replaced under warranty.

I’m also on my 4th windshield, which is currently cracked so I will be on number 5 in the Spring.

I commute about 70 miles a day and as the official family road trip vehicle, it has been from Quebec City in Canada to Naples FL and a bunch of places in between. We were planning on driving it to Colorado in 2020 but Covid shut that down... I bought the MaxCare warranty because I wanted to rack up miles without worries, so far so good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Terrible record, damn! UGHHHH...Still all stock or very modified??
All stock, only thing I have swapped out are the headlights for LEDs. It is actually at the dealer right now. We recently got some snow here in Memphis and I went to put it in 4 wheel drive and my sway bar light started flashing and it would not go into 4 wheel drive. Then CEL came on a d it would not shift out of 1st gear. Always something, but it is paid for and with the lifetime warranty I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I feel like a 'babe in the woods' with only 92k on my 2013. I just replaced the spark plugs two weeks ago. I've also replaced the radiator and have torn down the 'smart-bar' twice to clean and re-grease.

It is a toy, so miles are not really racking up. Although, I enjoy driving it so much that my truck tends to sit a lot while I drive the Jeep. Only ~10k per year though now.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts