Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a high pitch squeak that is underneath dash and to the left. I can replicate by hitting steering wheel but it isn't that. Somewhere under and to the left. Anyone had anything similar? Extremely annoying

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I recently came across the same problem and have a fix that worked for my situation. I would describe mine as a creaking from the lower left area of the dash. I was able to replicate by driving over bumps, and pushing/pulling the top of the windshield with the freedom panels removed.

Here's what I did...I don't know the technical term, but you know thoes two plates you remove from A pillar to fold down windshield? I removed the drivers side one and found the weather stripping was pinched between the plate and the windshield frame. I also noticed some black dust, which I assume is from the weather stripping being pinched and potentially rubbing.

So I took the plate off, pushed the weather stripping in the channel, cleaned up the dirt and black dust, reinstalled and road tested. The creak was gone! Hope you find the source of yours...mine was starting to drive me nuts!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts