Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a high pitched while while driving their jeep? Mine is a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 28k miles on it. It only does it in between 30 and 38 MPH. I just put new tires on it, but it was doing this before so I can rule that out. It sounds like a harmonic whine and not a squeal or something like metal to metal. Any help would be appreciated, this may be normal for jeeps as this is my first. I just want to make sure its ok, because it is fairly loud.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I stumbled across this video and it is exactly what mine is doing. They are saying it could be coming from the light bar cooling fins. So Im going to check mine and see it that fixes it. Let me know if you are having the same issues, maybe this will work for you too

·
Registered
396 Posts
yup. Lightbar. Gotta dampen those fins. Some people are using door-jamb insulation, or rubber edge molding. I'm a little curious if some hot glue in between the fins, in only a few places, can help cut down on the harmonic vibrations.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
yup. Lightbar. Gotta dampen those fins. Some people are using door-jamb insulation, or rubber edge molding. I'm a little curious if some hot glue in between the fins, in only a few places, can help cut down on the harmonic vibrations.
It could work, if you put some force on the fin, applied the glue, let it fully cool, then released the force. without the force part it would still be able to wiggle. I cant see it getting hot enough to melt the hotglue, that is usually over 200F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts