Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
dont bother with the evo kit. its a bracket with a OEM RHD draglink. i would go Rock krawler or poly. sure its a bit more coin, but youll be happier in the long run with an actual HD part. plus, and im sure im in the minority, but my evo bracket didnt seem to want to hold up to wheeling. check out this pic of mine, less then 5 months apart from brand new to current (and I had to replace the draglink already)

not to mention I was never happy with the fit, just look at these 2 pics, look at that gap!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just don't have a lot of money to throw at this right now. I have to replace my tie rod because its bent and I figured it might be worth it to do the steering relocation at the same time.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I just don't have a lot of money to throw at this right now. I have to replace my tie rod because its bent and I figured it might be worth it to do the steering relocation at the same time.
uh what? first off, what are you looking to fix? if your front end is fine, save for the tie rod, then dont bother. if you have bump steer, then you need to fix it. is your trackbar still in the stock location? well then no rush, when you have the time and funds, buy the right kit. you linked the evo kit already, 300$. Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Suspension*::*Suspension & Lift Kits*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Synergy Suspension*::*Synergy Suspension Jeep JK Front Steering Correction Kit - 4X4 Off-Roa is 25$ more, and gets you a HD draglink with 1ton TREs at the knuckle and pitman arm. way way way better bang for the buck. (technically, its 35$ more since you need to drop 10 on the tapered insert. both kits require you to buy your own drill bit, which you can expect to spend 50-80$ on)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sneck said:
uh what? first off, what are you looking to fix? if your front end is fine, save for the tie rod, then dont bother. if you have bump steer, then you need to fix it. is your trackbar still in the stock location? well then no rush, when you have the time and funds, buy the right kit. you linked the evo kit already, 300$. Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Suspension*::*Suspension & Lift Kits*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Synergy Suspension*::*Synergy Suspension Jeep JK Front Steering Correction Kit - 4X4 Off-Roa is 25$ more, and gets you a HD draglink with 1ton TREs at the knuckle and pitman arm. way way way better bang for the buck. (technically, its 35$ more since you need to drop 10 on the tapered insert. both kits require you to buy your own drill bit, which you can expect to spend 50-80$ on)
My steering is very sloppy and I bent the tie rod the first time because I caught the ss on a rock. I want it up and out of the way

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My steering is very sloppy and I bent the tie rod the first time because I caught the ss on a rock. I want it up and out of the way
you are confused. the draglink link is what these "hi steer" kits all address. first, get an aftermarket tie rod; poly and rock krawler both make a great one. the difference will be materials, the after market tie rods will be made out of stronger, more flexable material so you can run the tie rod into things without deforming it. second, the only way to move the tie rod is to get a set of reid racing knuckles. new knuckles, plus new ball joints, and a new tie rod will be alot of cash, not to mention the labor.

if you just want to address the tie rod, get a RK or poly tie rod and call it done. youll be hard pressed to bend one. and even if you bend it, who cares, thats why theyre adjustable. whichever brand you get, get the tie rod clamp that goes with it, and flip that shit out of the way. i might still have my dominion offroad SS bracket if you want, 30 bucks and I'll ship it to you

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
sneck said:
you are confused. the draglink link is what these "hi steer" kits all address. first, get an aftermarket tie rod; poly and rock krawler both make a great one. the difference will be materials, the after market tie rods will be made out of stronger, more flexable material so you can run the tie rod into things without deforming it. second, the only way to move the tie rod is to get a set of reid racing knuckles. new knuckles, plus new ball joints, and a new tie rod will be alot of cash, not to mention the labor.

if you just want to address the tie rod, get a RK or poly tie rod and call it done. youll be hard pressed to bend one. and even if you bend it, who cares, thats why theyre adjustable. whichever brand you get, get the tie rod clamp that goes with it, and flip that shit out of the way. i might still have my dominion offroad SS bracket if you want, 30 bucks and I'll ship it to you
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sneck said:

I understand. I am getting. A new tie rod but I also want move the steering stabilizer up out of the way. I don't want to increase tie rod clearance I just want the ss flipped. I figured a high steer kit with a draglink might as well be done at the same time. I have a credit of $450 right now at my shop.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I understand. I am getting. A new tie rod but I also want move the steering stabilizer up out of the way. I don't want to increase tie rod clearance I just want the ss flipped. I figured a high steer kit with a draglink might as well be done at the same time. I have a credit of $450 right now at my shop.
if you really want the hi steer kit, get the poly kit. poly draglink and bracket to raise the trackbar and flip the draglink over the knuckle. the bracket also comes with holes to mount the SS above the tie rod instead of below it. just get a SS clamp, and youll be golden. the steering will be all revamped and awesome, and the SS will be tucked up nice and high

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sneck said:
if you really want the hi steer kit, get the poly kit. poly draglink and bracket to raise the trackbar and flip the draglink over the knuckle. the bracket also comes with holes to mount the SS above the tie rod instead of below it. just get a SS clamp, and youll be golden. the steering will be all revamped and awesome, and the SS will be tucked up nice and high
Thanks. It looks like I'm going with the teraflex kit and a rugged ridge aluminum tie rod. Probably a bilstein ss

1 - 19 of 19 Posts