Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just installed a Metalcloak 3.5 game changer lift. So far I have no issues with steering but I’m sure it’s bound to happen eventually. I am looking at Metalcloaks website and see a drang link kit as well as a hi steer kit. I’m still pretty new to the jeep world and I’m trying to understand what the difference is between the two. When would I choose a drag link kit? When would I choose a high steer kit? Any information you guys can provide about these two kits would be awesome!

Thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
If u have no issues with steering u really don’t NEED either but the difference is the high steer kit flips the drag link on top of the knuckle and comes with a bracket that raises the track bar and steering stabilizer, the drag link kit is just a stronger drag link and if I’m not mistaken they just have one drag link and u just flip it for the high steer kit

·
Registered
207 Posts
They both should be the same drag link, The kit also comes with a raised axle track bar bracket because if you run a drag link flip and move the drag link to the top of the knuckle you need to move the axle side track bar up to keep them parallel.

The flip would improve your ride even more and help the jeep track down the road better. If you have 3.5" of but stop installed then a flip will be worth doing if you want. If you don't have 3.5" of bump stop the drag link will hit the frame when you stuff the wheel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the metalcloak high steer kit, I also have the durospring bumpstops which don’t compress as much as stock bumpstops, I did have 3 inch pucks in but I took one out cause I had a lot of room before either the track bar, drag link or tire hit anything, the durospring bumpstops probably equal about an inch or a little less compressed but I think my tire would hit before anything else

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts