Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 95 Wrangler with somewhat worn out springs. What is the highest I can lift mine as far as suspention lifts go without having to deal with SYE's, brake line relocation, t case drops, etc...
I am basically looking at just replacing springs and shocks.
So what is the highest I can safely go? I was trying to do a search and was coming up with anything from 1-3" I personaly was thinking probably 1-2" without any problems, but I will leave it to the experts.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
2-1/2" RE Express kit included springs, shocks, brackets, etc....I chose to replace the brake line relo brackets and substituted extended the hoses. But its been a good ride thus far on 31's.

Gearing up for the leap to 4.5" lift, SYE/driveline and 33's.

·
Vendor
5,529 Posts

Oh, you said safely? My bad.

Generally speaking, I think you can get away with as much as 3" of suspension and 1" of body lift before all hell breaks lose. Just 2" of suspension is better. As you've already figured out, that'll get you nice big tires and an aggressive look.

31" tires and a locker will get you over any realistic trail you find, and most of the unrealistic ones.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
i think the biggest you can go on a yj is 2.5" because it has a slip yolk on it, if you want to fit a bit bigger tire you can do the 2.5" lift and a 1" body lift.

i also agree on the 31's and a locker thing that geoff said. my cj currently only has a shackle lift, 31's, and a locker and it does just fine where ever i go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. I am glad to hear 2" won't be a problem which is what I was hoping for. I am not looking for crazy, just something that I can wheel on the weekends and, I hope, one day take it out west to visit family and find some trails.

·
Vendor
5,529 Posts
Cool. I am glad to hear 2" won't be a problem which is what I was hoping for. I am not looking for crazy, just something that I can wheel on the weekends and, I hope, one day take it out west to visit family and find some trails.
Well, I don't know about visiting family, but whatever makes you happy.
Check out traildamage.com for some drool-worthy Colorado and Utah trails.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I hate to be the guy on the other side of the fence here, but a good quality 4" kit will give you everything that you need to have a safe reliable daily driven Jeep. There are tons of them on the road. I have been running 4" of lift on my Jeep for years with the stock drive shafts and gears. If you go with a 2" lift you will find yourself wanting more very soon. Look at WhiteYJ, he is wanting to go bigger. Most 2" kits are about the same price as the 4" kits. Just my $.02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts