Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since real estate is scarce on the Jeep, and mounts can be on the expensive side, I decided to use some scrap metal I had laying around, and mounted my jack to the winch plate. Fit it just right. Here are the pics of the final product.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. @tnjeeprider, it is a Smittybilt SRC Front Grille Guard Bumper as per 4WD catalog. @Lilyeller, I was thinking along the same line as that but did not want to lose my lights. Great looking Jeep you got there by the way. I used wheel studs as bolts and lug nuts to bolt it on. I figured the easiest and cheapest way to lock the jack is to get locking lug nuts. May not be as secure as an actual lock, but would deter your average thug. I don't figure most modern day thugs would really go the extra mile for a little old jack :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Thanks guys. @tnjeeprider, it is a Smittybilt SRC Front Grille Guard Bumper as per 4WD catalog. @Lilyeller, I was thinking along the same line as that but did not want to lose my lights. Great looking Jeep you got there by the way. I used wheel studs as bolts and lug nuts to bolt it on. I figured the easiest and cheapest way to lock the jack is to get locking lug nuts. May not be as secure as an actual lock, but would deter your average thug. I don't figure most modern day thugs would really go the extra mile for a little old jack :)

Nice idea with the lug nuts, this setup doesnt exactly sit firmly on there. Kinda wobbles around a bit. thinking about going another direction with the jack anyways since it kinda blocks the winch because of the raised winch plate. BTW you keep a pretty good looking Jeep yourself! Keep on Jeepin on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice idea with the lug nuts, this setup doesnt exactly sit firmly on there. Kinda wobbles around a bit. thinking about going another direction with the jack anyways since it kinda blocks the winch because of the raised winch plate. BTW you keep a pretty good looking Jeep yourself! Keep on Jeepin on!
I went through your photo album, that is pretty cool to see the transision from when you first got it to what it is now. And aside from the bumper, that jack has not moved :) Finding a good location for these jacks is not an easy thing. I spent hours mulling over the best place for mine looking at all the available mounts and that is what made me build my own. Your winch is a lot bigger than mine so it would be harder to locate yours there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just made a custom tool with a lug lock on one side and 13/16" socket on the other. Welded a piece of flat steel and heat shrunk each side. Works great and now my jack is secure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts