Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if the enclosed half doors for the JK are good against letting water into the jeep seeing how its only a flat piece of steel over tubular steel

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm also in the market for a set of half doors.... wondering if these HR paintables would look okay as-is on a black Jeep? or do they need a coat of gloss black to not stick out terribly?

Price for all four doors, (skins, doors, and windows)???

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
"Waterproof" is one of those words that scares manufacturers. No, they aren't waterproof. BUT, they come with weatherstripping, and if you apply that correctly, you will get a decent seal. Should be good for keeping out most road spray, and lots of the wind.

These are safari-style tube doors, so they won't ever be as sealed as a factory half door. They will be at LEAST as good as our fabric lower doors that we've been making for years and years.

Johnny: The black powder coat would look OK as far as I'm concerned, but it might be a bit flat for you. Especially on a shiny black Jeep, where the contrast stands out. I don't have pricing, since that's up to our retailers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts