Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you guys that have lifted jeep, bigger tires, maybe a light bar, how often do you have clearance issues when parking in an indoor garage?

My new JKU is less than a week old so it's still completely stock, but I do eventually want larger tires, and maybe a light bar. First time driving it in an indoor parking garage today and I already hit the stupid height clearance bar at the entrance. I mean I know this thing is tall, but come on right?
(Side note: this is my daily driver, and I live in NY so indoor garages are sometimes unavoidable)

What kind of issues do you guys experience with your lifted jeeps?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Most garages here are 6.5' to 7.5' inside height, if not more so there isn't much issue. But those big city ones are going to limit options. My build plan still is centered around high clearance fenders to allow big tires but keep height down.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have a 3.5" lift with 35's on my JKUR and I have not encountered any clearance issues in parking garages. My jeep is a DD as well but I don't park in garages on a daily basis either. But I do pay very close attention when I pull in to the garage to ensure I'm not hitting the clearance indicator that typically hangs down from the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a JKU with 33.5" Trail Grapplers on a 2" lift. I have not had any garages I haven't been able to fit in since I've had the Jeep about 8 months ago. However, the garages in NYC are on another level. Exceedingly tight and lower ceilings. i dont think what applies elsewhere will apply to you necessarily. i did know a guy with a 4" lift on 35's in NYC that parked on the street b/c he couldn't fit in our garage at our workplace.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Yes for me I CB antenna tie down was a must to get my garage this is what I came up with so that I can remove it when I'm on the trail but most the time I keep it tied down. I have roughly about a three and a half inch lift and 35 will be going to 37th in the near future I should have about an inch or two of clearance with my 7 foot garage door.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's going to be hit or miss depending on your location. As already mentioned, larger cities will probably be more of an issue. Chicago's Navy Pier Garage is one of those issues. Luckily there's outdoor parking nearby. Recently stayed in downtown Indianapolis and had no problem with an indoor garage.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
With a 2.5" lift and 295/70 tires, I've come close in a couple of ramp garages but was still able to fit. The stock antenna is my early warning indicator (one of the reasons I didn't replace it with the shorter versions).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts