Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in need of a trail jack because A: my factory jack is no longer big enough and B: my at home jack isn't either. I want to mount it outside the jeep behind the spare-tire horizontally. but cant seem to find the mounting kit required to do so. Where can I find this kit?

·
Registered
222 Posts
A trail jack, or "high lift" jack, is for Recovery purposes, it should not replace your normal service jacks. Check "you tube" or Google for proper high lift usage.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I keep a 5 footer in the back of my JKU. I would never store one outside. The pins will rust and you'll have no success trying to use it. Even the one I have inside my rig rusts a little bit. I have had to lube the pins twice this year. I can say that in the driveway, or off of the side of the road, the stock jack with a block will suffice. Off road, in a molly with a popped bead, there's no where to even put the block. I have used my hy-lift for extraction, tire changing, and used the post one time to repair a broken tie-rod. A hy-lift to me is like American Express. Don't leave home without it.
Note: I have modded Rubicon rails, with a tube hoop welded to it. And steel front and rear bumpers. So I have no problems finding a jack point.

Bob K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts