Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a 2.5 inch lift and just took it off road for the first time this past weekend. It handled everything well but I haven't gotten around to cleaning it just yet. Tonight I was doing so city driving on some rather rough roads and noticed that my brake pedal felt funky. At the next stop light I realized hill assist wasn't working either (I drive a 6 speed). Also my pedal is squeaking pretty loud all of a sudden and it's not my shoes. Any input/places to start?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my brake pedal squeak on me. A couple sprays of silicone into the pivot joint of the brake pedal did the trick on removing the annoyance. Was hard for me to get to though as I to crawl up underneath the dash to see what needed spraying and that is easier said than done.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Do you have the option to turn it on or off ? Evic, might want to check the E brake cables, Abs

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think you need to do some investigating. If it was me I'd pull the tires off the rears first and have a look. It could be as simple as you need new rear brake pads. The wheeling trip may be coincidence and the pads were about done anyways. Maybe there's crap stuck up in the calipers. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Did you try Turing off the hill assist I turned it off my second day of owing my jeep cause of the annoying squeeking noise it make when you started from a stop on a hill.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did you try Turing off the hill assist I turned it off my second day of owing my jeep cause of the annoying squeeking noise it make when you started from a stop on a hill.
How do you turn the hill assist off? I was wondering if that was possible because I find it kind of annoying to be honest.

·
Registered
907 Posts
How do you turn the hill assist off? I was wondering if that was possible because I find it kind of annoying to be honest.
Buttons on steering wheel left side, press menu button , scroll down to personal settings
Find hill assist click on off.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update: I woke up this morning and drove it to work. Everything seems normal. Bringing it to the mechanic tomorrow to check to make sure ABS is ok, didnt see any fluid leaking when I checked the lines.

·
Registered
907 Posts
update: I woke up this morning and drove it to work. Everything seems normal. Bringing it to the mechanic tomorrow to check to make sure ABS is ok, didnt see any fluid leaking when I checked the lines.
Great let us know the out come......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts