Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out scouting for elk this afternoon in my 2012 JKU Sahara 6-speed manual while trying to go up a hill in 2 wheel drive I kept breaking loose so I went to 4-high but it would not move, the breaks would not disengage? But when I went to 4-low it worked fine then tried it again in 4 high and still no go? Anybody know how to disable this feature?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Go through the EVIC

Personal settings
About 11 clicks it wills say hill start assist.
Turn off...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This feature keeps the brakes on until you hit the gas or for a few seconds after you let off the brake pedal, right?.. so why would it keep you from moving? That doesn't sound like a feature, sounds like a problem with the jeep somehow.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You owe me! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
It doesnt sound like it was working right.Ive used mine in 2 and 4 hi and it works the same. Ive disengaged mine all together though. I dont really like it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got it turned off now thanks to MangoTango34 so Ill try it again this weekend. Yep they would not release in 4 high on a hill but slight grade it was fine. Like I said earlier in 4-low no problems how steep I was climbing.The message I got on the dash when I engaged the 4-low was that the assist was off? Then it cleared it when I shifted back to 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine stayed engaged for way too long and it felt like I had to break away from something holding me back... turned that feature off pretty quick

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hmmm. Mine doesn't always hold me by itself in extreme situations and it stays braked longer than perfect other times...
It holds differently depending on how hard you press the brake pedal. Heavier foot, heavier hold. Just FYI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts