Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out scouting for elk this afternoon in my 2012 JKU Sahara 6-speed manual while trying to go up a hill in 2 wheel drive I kept breaking loose so I went to 4-high but it would not move, the breaks would not disengage? But when I went to 4-low it worked fine then tried it again in 4 high and still no go? Anybody know how to disable this feature?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Go through the EVIC

Personal settings
About 11 clicks it wills say hill start assist.
Turn off...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This feature keeps the brakes on until you hit the gas or for a few seconds after you let off the brake pedal, right?.. so why would it keep you from moving? That doesn't sound like a feature, sounds like a problem with the jeep somehow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got it turned off now thanks to MangoTango34 so Ill try it again this weekend. Yep they would not release in 4 high on a hill but slight grade it was fine. Like I said earlier in 4-low no problems how steep I was climbing.The message I got on the dash when I engaged the 4-low was that the assist was off? Then it cleared it when I shifted back to 2 wheel drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.