Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to defeat the very annoying Hill Start Assist feature on a 2015 Wrangler with manual trans?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you have EIVC then under vehicle settings you can turn it off...
Otherwise...
*Engine off, Manual in N, clutch out, parking brake on, wheels straight.
*Start engine.
*Engine running, brake applied, clutch out, rotate steering wheel 180º counterclockwise from center (and leave it there).
*Press ESC OFF switch 4 times within 20 seconds.
*Rotate steering wheel 360º clockwise.
*Turn ignition switch OFF, then ON.
*If done properly, the “ESC Activation/Malfunction light” will blink several times to show that HSA is off.
*Steps above must be completed within 90 seconds to turn off HSA. To turn back on, repeat steps 1-7.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I found it annoying, aka, new and confusing, until I got used to it.. Now I like it
I found it new and confusing and annoying, then I turned it off. Heaven now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If the HSA is causing a problem it is because you are doing something wrong. If you're using the clutch right you'll never notice it is there.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If the HSA is causing a problem it is because you are doing something wrong. If you're using the clutch right you'll never notice it is there.
if you know how to drive a clutch, it's unnecessary and annoying for on road driving. Off road, I can see how it may be useful. But for on road, completely useless IMO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you know how to drive a clutch, it's unnecessary and annoying for on road driving. Off road, I can see how it may be useful. But for on road, completely useless IMO.
You know what they say about opinions.

FYI, if you want to bypass it without turn it off all the time here's s trick.

Clutch in, dont use brake and put it in gear. As long as you dont use the brake before clutching in it wont engaged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts