Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I was trying to figure out how to remove the doors from my 08 JKU. I looked in the manual and it said to remove the hinge bolts/screws. Well, I looked and they are missing.. all 8 of them :crazy:. Do I have to order them from a certain place or can I just stop by an auto parts store or home depot/lowes? Also, is it safe to drive without the bolts, the doors seem secure and I can't just lift them out easily.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
You can leave them off. Your doors are not going anywhere. I leave mine off all summer, but the nuts go back on when the hard top goes on for fall/winter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Any chance they are in the storage compartment in the back of the jeep? It's a long shot, but there is a place back there for storing the door hinge bolts. I wonder if someone removed them and placed them there at some point?

I don't recommend leaving the bolts off. If you leave your doors unlocked it makes it very easy to steal the doors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
@Potts.. I looked in the only storage compartment I could find, the one that holds the car jack, and there wasn't anything there.
Seems safe enough to just leave it like it is for now. I will just see if I can find them at a store or online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts