Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image-3277238483.jpg

Anyone know where I can find a replacement? I found one at quadratech, but I feel like $55 is pretty steep for a hinge

·
Registered
876 Posts
$89 at Jeeps are Us :eek: Try Collins Brothers Jeep to see if they have any!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, the only difference was mine caused the glass to hit the tailgate and it shattered the glass, so def worth taking care of quickly! I got a set for 50 off Quadratec, they also look ten times nicer than the original ones from 99!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal. Kinda bummed i cant drive it for a few days. I ordered it yesterday do hopefully it will be here soon

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a couple of spares but they are located out here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The irony. My passenger side broke 2 hours ago...

Here's my question, are ALL passenger side hinges the same?

I need one with the longer stud for my wiper motor.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Be careful not to overtighten the bolts. I was replacing mine last month and shattered the rear glass. I think i may have wrenched them down pretty hard. Also pay attention to what you are doing, i wasn't and put the passanger side on the driver side and vice versa. Not fun when its getting dark and 34 degrees outside. There are 2 metal tabs they you might want to remove if you glass doesn't close properly, they hold the lower channel in place. I called all the junk yards and new/used places and dealerships i could think of, the cheapest glass i found at a junk yard was $465, stealership was $750+5-7 days special order. Had to call the insurance co and pay a $250 deductible. Not what i had planned for when replacing 2 hinges.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Oh no! At least it's an easy/relatively cheap thing to fix.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my hinge in the mail today. 5 minutes and we're back in business. It is worthy to note that you need to hang on to your original hardware, as the package I received only contained the hinge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts