Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP ! ! !

I'm trying to find some Kargo Master Safari hinge steps, as seen in the photo. They were discontinued from production some time ago and, unfortunately, I'm striking out everywhere.

Anyone know where I can get some? Or, if you happen to have them yourself, got any interest in selling?

Thanks very much.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Retired Moderator
104,309 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Kargo Master was bought by Metalcloak.

Reactions: Shark_13

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for passing along this info. Unfortunately, this hinge isn't the one I'm looking for. The search continues!

·
Registered
136 Posts
HKLover is correct, KMS is now 'Adventure Rack Systems' a subsidiary of Metalcloak. I just bought some KMS rocksliders from them, so they still have some KMS items in stock. Give them a call, they are very helpful. ARS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I'll give them a call to find out if they happen to have any discontinued stock -- fingers crossed.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The ones I bought from them look like this.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If i remember correctly the bar style hinge steps were unavailable a while before metalcloak bought the KMS racks.
It's probably only going to be available on the used market or a custom fab shop or maybe a china knock off of the original.
Good luck

·
Registered
947 Posts

Here’s a better picture…..

·
Registered
2017 JKU Hard Rock
976 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,399 Posts
KMS was bought out and those steps were not continued and as stated, were not available for some time before being bought by MC. MC or ARS redesigned the step to the one in post #7.

FWIW I run the Smittybilt units simply becasue they have a weight rating north of 300lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts