Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was off roading without doors on and I hit a rock that was hidden in grass. I ran it over with my front tire then landed on the side step(stock jku) and it broke the bottom and bent the bracket. Didn't seem to bend where it attached to the body. Well now I put my door on and it real hard to close it. It like the top left makes contact with the door frame before its closed at the latch. So looking at the door strait on its the top left corner is to far in and up compared to the rest of the door. This was drivers from. It was hit at a very low speed

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sorry, that sucks....

but, pics... or it didn't happen! :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was off roading without doors on and I hit a rock that was hidden in grass. I ran it over with my front tire then landed on the side step(stock jku) and it broke the bottom and bent the bracket. Didn't seem to bend where it attached to the body. Well now I put my door on and it real hard to close it. It like the top left makes contact with the door frame before its closed at the latch. So looking at the door strait on its the top left corner is to far in and up compared to the rest of the door. This was drivers from. It was hit at a very low speed
#1 does a stock JKU have a side step? If so I would need to see the damage to this step.

#2 Hard, or Soft Top?

#3 I have only had the Bestop Bikini and Body Armor tube doors on mine since I bought it brand new in April 2012. Since that time I have hit a couple of rocks fairly hard along with some rubbing on the bottom of the frame out in Bridgeport, TX. I hope if I ever put the factory hard top and hard doors back on they will still work?

Good Luck,

50 Something

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay we'll pulled the step off and figured out what caused this all. The rock hit the 1st bracket braking one bolt off cause the bracket to push up into the fender. I don't see how it cause this to mess up the hinge alignment. Why would I call insurance company? Yes I'm really kicking my self for getting these of a Sahara and not picking up some ACE. I ended up putting the side step back on minus one of the tiny bolts that broke off to hide the damage. I'm hoping dealer will just align the door for me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only other damage is that square tube that runs across the bottom the very tip bent in. You can see it under the frame in the picture.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The crazy thing is it wasn't at all! It's just that bracket slid up and that's what cause the damage

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and hoping they can just adjust the hinges on it

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would have dropped off at body shop. There often better at re aligning panels etc... Good luck. You will be ok imo.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nothing a BFH can't fix! :thumb: :rofl:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So they are saying they can't adjust anything and they are supposed to be like that. If they lossen it that it will just leak

1 - 13 of 13 Posts