Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I was looking to get one of the Curt hitches or something similar, but seeing others with the same type of hitch it occurred to me that it doesn't look that good. So now I am on the trail of a bumper with hitch included. Plus the wife doesn't like the unfinished look of the OEM bumper without the milk jugs installed. So that would solve two problems. My question is which one. Money is a great decider. The one I've found is the Smittybilt Classic. I do realize it doesn't have the same trailing poundage, but I am only using it to pull my 16' aluminum boat...about 1500 lbs. Was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or suggestions. TIA

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
I wouldn't touch one of Smittybilt's cheap Chinese bumpers. The are a lot of good quality bumpers with built-in receiver hitches but check out Dirt Worx made in California at Dirtworx Off-Road Fabrication

I've had two of his bumpers that are relatively inexpensive and loved their quality.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't know how much you are looking to spend.
I have
"BIG-HIT" TJ-YJ Rear Bumper (V2.0)

I ordered the pre-welded one, along with his bumper to frame tie ins.
Fits perfectly up aguinst the rear frame.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently found myself in a bind and needed a hitch but as I am in the middle of closing on our new house money was very tight and I did want one built into the rear bumper as my rear bumper also needed replacing, so I rolled the dice and orderd a Tuff Stuff rear bumper from tUFF STUFF WINCH and OFF-ROAD. 295 delivered.

The bumper is solid and finish is very good over all I am very happy with the bumper and tire carrier you do need to take the gas tank down to get the two inner bolts in and tight. It came with the d-rings and the handle is different then the ad but I think it is better.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently found myself in a bind and needed a hitch but as I am in the middle of closing on our new house money was very tight and I did want one built into the rear bumper as my rear bumper also needed replacing, so I rolled the dice and orderd a Tuff Stuff rear bumper from tUFF STUFF WINCH and OFF-ROAD. 295 delivered.

The bumper is solid and finish is very good over all I am very happy with the bumper and tire carrier you do need to take the gas tank down to get the two inner bolts in and tight. It came with the d-rings and the handle is different then the ad but I think it is better.

How long have you owned the bumper? Any rattles in the carrier? Looks awful good. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Now I have something to chew on.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I have towed my household goods I did not trust the movers with (Military move) and stuff they wouldn't take (like chemicals) on a trailer from Fairbanks Alaska to Springfield Missouri on a trailer. With a SMITTYBILT SRC CHINESE tow rated bumper. Hope that helps a bit more than "I wouldn't". Because I did and still do. Good luck brother. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts